Monday, March 19, 2012

Another one bites the dust!!


March 19, 2012

Letter to President Hess:

Also did you get my chip or is that lost forever. I hope that your fishing went well. and that Z is doing allright skiing and not being to crazy. Love you guys tons.

This week was really good, and at the same time it had its down moments. We started off the week pretty good, I mean we had a good amount of lessons this week, and it felt like we were doing pretty good. But then on Thursday one of our investigators (Tracy Dykstra) called and sayed she no longer wanted to be baptized. Its way hard to see people not accept the gospel, to know that all of this would help out their lives so much and yet they don't let it. I guess I'm just glad I've always had it, because at the same time I can see where they are coming from and it has got to be hard to contemplate changing religions. The rest of our investigators are doing great though, I was in Grandville Spanish on Wednesday and also Grandrapids on Thursday, so I didn't have aton of time around Holland this week, but apparently we commited Andrew Blunt to Baptism and he also came to church, that really is great.
   Being able to do 2 trade offs was good to. It made me see how good of a job Elder Villalobos was doing and also it helped me find things that I can work on, because I was able to see the mission from the perspective of 2 different Elders. Both of the trade off days went great, we were able to get out and walk alot, and I really needed it. Also we were able to see areas that we really don't have in Holland, it makes you appreciate what you have and also it helps you to understand others when you get to see different lives I think.
   This week in our companionship everything has gone ... Alright. We aren't great, but we are trying. Elder Draper doesn't always agree with Elder Villalobos, and Vise-Versa. So it causes some contention. Elder Villalobos had it rough last night. But I think we are doing better now, and  I am in no way excluded from all the problems so we all need to work more on being better to each other.
   As always President Hess we are here for you, and what ever you need we are more then willing to do it. If you have any information on my Visa (or any reassurance haha) that would be great. I try to do my best and not worry but I put my visa in in October or even September, and the other Elder put his in in December, so I'm alittle worried I did something wrong. I'm not sure excactly how the whole process goes.
Friends and Family Letter
Allright another week down ... here in .... MICHIGAN. Hmmmm now what.
    No this week has been good, nothing really happened in the beggining of the week just same old same old. But on Wednesday I and Elder Draper went to Grandville Spanish Area for a trade off, that was pretty fun actually. We dropped the car off in a nice part of town (nicer part of town) outside a members house so some one could watch it. Then we walked the rest of the day. Me thinking we had the car for the day, and having leardership training the next day, brought my nice shoes. Ouch those hurt to walk in all day. But off we went and door after door we got turned down haha. But it was actually pretty fun, the area of town was pretty run down, with alot of really interesting people. We ran into one of the elders that I was trading with's investigator. She had 6 parrots, I'll send pictures next week. Also she had acouple of dogs and a wolf. She may be kinda crazy, she thinks that someone is controling her and she is just a puppet. But hey ya know stuff happens right. Anyways from there we had another fun experiance. We were knocking doors, and the next house had a couple of Black Bothers outside (yeah thats capatalized because I'm pretty sure its a proper noun, and the CORRECT term) Well we start walking towards them, and one guy says "no one is home (waving his arms for us to leave)" another chims in "Aint nothin but Gangsters and Hoodlums here" so just messing with them (I had earlier heard them say that we wear some church guys in shirts and ties) I was like "Ohh yeah Gangstars and Hoodlums huh, Aight... Well then you guys answer me this. I look good right? I mean you were talking about my shirt and tie, but I look good right?" There were some chuckles. Later we were walking down the streat, and a couple cars passed us, it turned out to be them. They all waved and honked there horns.... Yeah, aint nothing but Gansters and Hoodlums there. haha.
    So the next day we had leadership training, and the President came up from Lansing, and 80 of us missionaries got together. Whats' up Money, yeah, I got to see Monson Welch and he was way suprised haha. But after that, I was supposed to go home but randomly got assigned to go on another trade off. So again went off with a different Elder but this time I was with Elder Villalobos, A pretty good guy. The day went by pretty slow because the Elder we were with, really had no plans and didn't know the town. So finally we just told him we were going door knocking. We did that then after went and taught a lesson to a boy who is autistic, but his mom wants him to get baptised. Anyways, haha he says he is not going to go to heaven if there are no video games, or hot female characters there. He says those are the only things he likes. So we talked to him about that and at the end asked him to pray before we left. Well his prayer went something like this "Please bless that there is video games and hot female characters in heaven, really I guess just give me a sign that there are. I'm only going if there is so... if you could please give me a sign. thankyou that would be great." haha He isn't my investigator, but apparently we missed some stuff when we were teaching him :)
      So my companions aren't really getting along. And Elder Draper may or may not have severe anger issues. usually there is stuff getting thrown around the appartment and yelling going on ( mind you he is maybe 5 feet tall) but this week we pull into a persons drive way, and we get out of the car but apparently the childs lock was on and Elder Draper couldn't get out, so after a second we figure this out. But apparently it was far too long. I pulled open the car door, and he kicked it the rest of the way open. As he exageratedly threw his bag from the backseat. He then turned his anger onto the thing that had kept him locked up. The door of course, so kicking and slapping the door, he notices his backpack again. and like a bull to a waving flag he turns on it. Pretty soon he is 30 feet down the driveway still drop kicking his bag everytime he gets to it. As he goes off still storming mad, we turn to the garage and as we see our investigators face. Just laughing away... we figure all is well haha. Well he wouldn't come with us and left for a good 2 hours then finally came back... Oh how much fun. So then last night, something else encites him, he gets mad, but this time Elder Villalobos is mad to. So Elder Villalobos kick the chair, picks it up, Throws it across the room, storms over to the other Elder yells and screams. and then walks back to the couch, takes off his shoe and coudles his foot. For the chair was triumphant and now his foot broke haha. I'm sure its not broke but It hurts pretty bad.
    Alright last little bit no worries. Today we went with a member and just were playing basketball well me and the member were on the same team. As we both reached out to knock a ball loose, bam woopsy I guess I broke his thumb haha. Ahh man. No he is way cool though. and really the ball just hit him in the hands bad.... I mean if he had any cordination at all, he would be fine.... haha no just kidding but it was an accident. So we quite that and went and played ping pong. pool, soccer and and ate lunch over at his house. So overall it has been a good day.
  Awww man one more thing, so the two elders that came with me, got there Visas and have since left..... Thats Jacked Up.... I put my Visa in in what August, they put theres in in December. Anyways. I guess I'm just supposed to be here for I while so I'll just love it while I can.
      I love you all, and am doing great here. We have 7 dates for Baptisms coming up soon, in one of the worst areas to baptise. The goal for the Mission is every missionary to get 2 baptisms this year. It hasn't been to fruit full in the past. But hey we work hard, and we are seeing the blessing come from it in our area. So it really has been great. Love you all again. Write me back haha :)

.... Sammy do you have relatives in this area, there is acouple Adkins around here?

No comments:

Post a Comment