Saturday, December 31, 2011

I got here on Wednesday...

Hey everybody,
      So i got here on wednesday and basically the first day they just rush you everywhere. You have no time to think or anything, I've decided the reason no one kills themselves in this place is that they don't have the time to figure out how to do it. They keep your mind swamped. It's good though, they really haven't spoken any english scence I've been here and it makes it hard but really nice at the same time. Last night while I was saying my prayer in english after I said my spanish one, the words kept coming to me in spanish then english... Yeah they basically brainwashed me here. I have 3 other people in my room, elder Barrett, my companion, Elder Lane and Elder Wilson, Elder Barrett is going to TJ with my the other 2 are headed for LA and Denver spanish speaking. In my District it is us 4 Elders and 3 Sisters, its not bad.
      I mostly like the elders, they are all really weird and have some crazy qwerks but I'll just make the best of it, my companion basically believes I am going to send myself and him to hell because I'm not going crazy like he is, he is district leader and thinks that everysecond he needs to be studying his head off. I on the other hand am always studying but I have fun too, to this that is a big no no. I hope he makes it out of the MTC but IDK he is drving himself crazy. He is also on a huge power trip because he is district leader at the MTC haha I guess I'll let him be proud but he is always ordering stuff to happen when he doesn't know whats going on and we are all smarter then him. I'll just help him out when I can. So the first night I barely slept here, the other elders in my room either breathe way loud or sleep talk, one kept going off in spanish words and repeated empeza a million times, the other elder, elder lane to this responded son of a @#$#@ haha that made my night. All of my companions are really neardy and not like me at all so they don't get my jokes and hate when I say "foul" words, like hell used in the correct context. The teacher laughed at a joke I said and they all turned to me with their jaws opened because my joke used the word hell. The second night Elder lane at 12:30 started screaming in his sleep, full on high pitch I just got nailed in the only manhood he has type screaming, I checked if he was alright seeing as he is diabetic and made sure his blood sugar is normal. It all turned out to be good and I got back in bed so that I could try to fall asleep again. Unfortunalty the bed is terrible and the sheets can't cover all of me. They keep the rooms warm though, along with every where here, outside is freezing but as soon as I walk inside I break into an instant sweat. I get to work out a little every night before I go to bed and it's way weird cuz my whole room just sits and watches me do it. We have gym time now, the first couple of days we didn't but now we get that every day to. Yesterday I played basketball and am not as bad as I thought. I play well I just don't shoot well. but I made  a couple points and only missed a couple but those ones I missed bad... really bad. I lifted weights for a min and then played some volley ball weighting for my companion, none of them are very athletic, they said 4 square was to hard a game for them to put it in perspective. My room is nice, I sleep on the top bunk and there are like 8 showers in the bathroom, I wanted a tree but each shower has tile wall and not just one but 2 curtains haha, its kinda funny. People here are overly protected, I get ready without a shirt and in my g bottoms and people don't like getting ready by me, some guy went around our room and gave each elder a hug when he came to me he put his hands barely around my back and patted my shoulder blades, I guess it's weird to be comfortable with yourself. Me and Elder Barrett taught an "investigator" well a fake one for a half hour in spanish, it really wasn't bad, he was freaking out the whole time. He was shaking and could barely remember anything in spanish, for him it went like this uh uh uh uh uhhhhhhhhhh jose smit uh uh uh es un profeta uh uh uh uhhhhhhh de........  but it still wasn't to bad, I just had him say the lines he remembered and asked some questions to cesar ( our investigator ) and prayed and bore testimony of christ and stuff. We will do alot better next time though.
     
        Anyways it really is pretty cool here and I've had a good time so far. It hurts my head but I enjoy learning all these things, there really hasn't been much that has been way spiritual yet but I'm guessing tomorrow will be its sunday. I love you all
   
Elder Rushton

No comments:

Post a Comment