Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ahhhh the Lord's Work!

Well it has been a couple days since I got to write last but nothing has realy changed, I'm glad jordy got her email I didnt know anyones email. Thanks for the dear elders, they got to me and I finally got a letter from will. Well overall it has been a pretty good week, Sunday here is really nice, I enjoy just being able to kick back and listen to the firesides, although I ended up alseep. The language is coming along well but slow, its a little nerve racking mostly just because I want to be able to say a lot of things and can never figure them out. Our progressive investigator we challenged to baptism, which is kinda cool. Really fake but kinda cool, if nothing else it gives me something to smile about once in awhile here. But this week has gone by way fast, I just keep doing what is right. My compainion will make sure I'm doing that and I look foreward to gym and the cafeteria. I'm going to start to diet now, well atleast not eat as much. last night I had 3 entrees and 2 bowls of icecream. and if there isn't ice cream I usually get atleast 2 bowls of cereal at dinner. But I only get an hour to excercise so I need to cut back. for gym I just lift with Elder Noriega he is a pretty cool guy, then after I do abs or pullups back at the dorm and before I take my shower at night I jump rope. It keeps me sane here. Well I wish I had some sorta really spiritual thought but I don't. The MTC really isn't all the spiritual, its mostlty just learning. and we learn all the principles very briefly because thats the way we are going to teach them. I'm sure that in devotional there was something but I'm so tired all day every day that I can't not sleep in there, its hard. Elder lane last night, started talking in his sleep and said something like sorry, so sorry this is not for me, this is not for me, sorry. As he walked out the door and closed it behind him. I told my compainion just to let him go haha but my companion is as straight as they come and went and got him. My companion hates me, he is totally opposite me, but he doesn't have the man in him to confront me about anything. So I'll just let him do his thing. He's not bad but he is just really strict, I get introuble if I'm one minute late and if I get a drink he walks across the hall with me still studying to keep an eye on me. I think he just needs to slack back a bit. But right now it's really early and thats the best time because he hates the mornings and doesn't talk at all. This week in personal scripture study I've been looking for temple stuff in the scriptures. It has been really fun, I'm so glad its p day and I get to go, oh and I found people here who are more like me. So I kick it with them whenever possible its nice. And I talked to a guy who loves TJ and says the best things down there are deep fried cheese filled shrimp or a fish hot dog. IDK what to think but they both sound amazing. Ohh I'll share one thing I read last night that I thought was kinda cool. Do you know who baptised Adam? it says in the scriptures, in like moses or something IDK that the spirit of god picked him up and immersed him in the water. The other cool things I've learned are about temple covenents. You would be suprised how many scriptures have references to the there is one were when christ comes to the americas he enters the temple at Bountiful and its cool because in there if you look for the right words it talks about some stuff we do in the temple. But if you haven't gone through the temple it means basically nothing. Sorry random thought and I can't share it haha. Oh another thing that was cool, was that when christ came to americas people came up and thrust there hands into his side and touched his wrist and hand. Christ decided to keep these marks on his body until the milenium where he will have his scares removed. kinda cool. anyways just a token of knowlede :) haha love you all at home. and can't wait to see my buds coming in the MTC it is fun catching up with the ones that are already here. keep sending letters and I'll try to take pictures to send home but IDK we will see haha. Peace, Love, and Do the Lords Work
Elder Rushton

No comments:

Post a Comment