Thursday, February 14, 2013

Coyotes and Chickens

Alright, well the week went well. We got back from the conference Tuesday in the night. WE slept over with the assistents and like 10 other Elderes pretty hectic but it was fun. Super tired in the morning. I couldn't really sleep, the matress was old and the blanket was dirty and gave me pretty bad allergies. Not my fav. but the conference went well. Nothing really new but its good to be reminded sometimes the things to do. We did get to watch the game plan and the next 3 hours or some movie like that. So that was fun. The week went pretty slow to be honest. Nothing much happened. We taught a good amount of lessons to members but its just not working. I'm going to step up my game this week and take control of this sector though my comp is just getting old, and doesnt want to work that hard. But I'll see what I can do. Other then that its been good. Saturday in the night. Aaron one of our investigators. invited us to a Carne Asada. Way good. But the company wasnt all that good. Everyone was drinking and smoking. and our investigator and his wife were just kinda laughing about it. They said sorry, and it was all good. It was pretty funny, we looked way out of place. But the music was cool haha. Some snoop Dog and Lil wayne going on. So thats my kinda party. We'll have to do some Carne Asadas when I get home. Super fun, just a relaxing time.

But well lame news of the week. Maria Dolores didnt stick around much. She left here thursday in the night to try to cross again. This time she went with 6 other people. and tried to cross above the mountains. Well they started to hail bullets in at the 6 people and so she got stuck above the mountain with a bunch of Drug dealers trying to kill her. While she was up there. the coyote or here the chicken that was trying to cross them called border patrol so the patrol showed up and had a fire fight with the drug lords. Then took the 6 people and maria Dolores back to tijuana. As long as you don't try to cross with fake papers they let you try to cross as many times as you want. They just put you on the other side of the border and let you free again. haha super lame. Thats proly why they all make it in the end. But its pretty dangerous actually aton of people die crossing. she's going to try to cross again this week I think. we'll see about it.

I'm doing good. Thursday I went with Elder Haslam. He is from Ogden so that was pretty fun. He's a good kid. and is doing well in his district. But it was good to talk about normal stuff sometimes. With a Mexican Companion you can't talk about much. They don't really understant. They've never seen a dish washer in there life. Money is way different. They make 100 working 2 weeks straight 12 hour days. And they aren't big on adrenaline or doing crazy stuff. So its just... diferent. Sometimes it feels way good to talk with an english elder. He just finished his year mark so we celebrated with chinese food. Bluck I really do hate chinese food here. Its the cheapest thing you can find. and the meat is even cheaper. You can buy huge platters of food for 2 dolars....  but it was the only thing open at 9 oclock. We did teach a lesson and picked up 3 new investigators while we were waiting for the food though. haha.

Today we are going to go play soccer then watch a movie. I'm guessing mada gascar 3 so that will be fun. and tomorrow we have zone conference.

I'm glad to hear that mads is doing alright. I worried alot about her this week. and Sounds like your doing good on your skis pops. Sounds like itsbeen a steller good year. and that my little brother has alot. alot of time on the mountain haha. Well I hope he is being safe and having fun. Tell him to send me a new video. and to win that competition.

Love you all,

Peace, Love ,and I'm going to save up 20,000 dolores and at the age of 30 retire for the rest of my life here in Mexico. I'd live super rich haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment