Monday, May 21, 2012

Out of this place. !Viva la Mexico!

As I get home from work thinking to myself, I'm so tired, I worked so long, and I just want a good beer, a smoke, and to watch some TV. I take off my sweaty shirt and let my hairy, and I mean chubakka type hairy, belly fall over the top of my Camo pants, I grab a cold one from the fridge, pop the top, lay back and salavate at the mist off the top of my beer. I flip the TV on, and "WAP, WAP, WAP,WAP,WAP,WAP" Who the heck would knock so freeaking loud and so many times. Great now I have to drag my fat but off this couch. 'Who is knocking anyways, is 6 in the freaking after noon and a million degrees outside... Oh great I don't even have a shirt on... ahh whatever, lets just see who it is. As I open the door... You must be freaking kidding me, what are these 2 kids doing with white shirts and ties, and what does his name tag even say... Is that spanish, who do they think they are
"Hello sir, I'm Elder Rushton and we are miss....."
haha You must be kidding me, missionaries
"Well hey, I'm already saved so have a nice day"
"I'm baptist and I'm staying baptist"
Slam!!!!
Rejection once again

A day and a life in the eyes of some one we knock into to.... Everyone we knock into. The same old baptist, drunk, I've already been saved junk :) But Some times we get blessed. Actually this week we got blessed.

We had one day that we picked up 3 new investigators. It was sweet. I had 2 pretty fun moments this week. One it was the end of the day, both of us were starving and walking to McDonalds just trying to get some food in us. We were about a mile away, and we were walking across a rail road track. I looked down the track and saw 4 guys standing down there. Not thinking much, I kept walking then, thinking I can't just leave them there, I told Elder Welch we were walking down the track. He gave me a crazy look and told me it was one of my "revelations" again, mocking me. As we got up to the guys one latino was off talking on his phone and then there was 3 guys smoking and I'm guessing homeless. Talking to them was going no where, they just wanted to know when the world was ending. But I turned to the latino and when he got off the phone picked up a conversation with him. By the time I left I had taught him the first lesson and he was way excited about it. He had Mormon friends down in Mexico. I don't know if anything will come from it but It was a cool experience.

The next day was half mission P-day, we drove a couple hours in the morning played football, kickball, and ran around. All the missionaries learned that we weren't in shape. And by the time we got home me and Elder Welch were tired... dead tired. We changed and went to a members house for diner. As mine and Elder Welchs muscles ached and killed we sat at dinner, hoping we wouldn't have to walk home. But right before we left, and right as they offered us a ride. I had the feeling we should walk home. So I said we were alright. We started walking home and each person that rejected us as we walked Elder Welch would turn and smile "sick revelation bro" haha laughing at me. Well at the very end of my faith and being turned down by everybody, We entered into our apartment parking lot. This black guy got out of his car, looking completely uninterested and like he had seen us a million times. Honestly not really wanting to talk to him, but wanting to be able to say I tried when I asked God for help that night, and that I had done what I could. I turned to him, striking up a conversation. We taught him a couple things about the church, one being the word of wisdom. The conversation just went that way and the spirit directed it. So we took it that way. He loved it, asked us if we could talk again and unfortunatly he got called in to work when we had our last appointment with him but he seems like a miracle to me.

I love you all, I leave to TJ tomorrow in the morning, My bags are packed and I'm ready to go :)
I'm done with this place, Leaving Michigan behind. Forever... Until me and Sammy come back :) Right Sammy, You'll have to show me the good side of this place.
Peace, Love, and I'll miss the people, can't say much for the place

Elder Rushton

No comments:

Post a Comment