"Elder Rushton, your Visa has arrived, you'll be leaving the 21st of
May. Until then we need you in Owosso, Michigan, to keep it open. The
Zone Leaders will be there to pick you up in 2 hours so be packed and
ready to go. You'll be white washing Owosso with Elder Welch, are you
O.K. with that"
Well....my mind was blown Elder Welch, Tijuana, Visa, Owosso.... 2
hours. "yep President Hess, what ever you need I'm your man"
Frantically jumping up and down in success, and at the same time
grabbing everything I could to throw in my suit case. So as I did my
Victory dance, power punching and drop kicking most things in the
direction of my suit case, I quickly gathered everything together just
in time for, well not the zone leaders but our lunch appointment.
Because the President had given what he thought to be a generous
amount of time to pack. What he didnt know is that I had lunch in a
half hour so I was fantically "packing" or more poperly termed
stuffing anything that seemed to be mine into my suit cases, and trust
me if packing can be working out. it was. If I did that everyday I
could be on a 10,000 calorie diet and still end up losing weight. Youd
be impressed. For those of you that have seen over the hedge, I was
that squirell and I was jacked up on Mountain Dew... Well out here
really just Jesus I guess.
I'm now in Owosso, Michigan. With Elder Money Monson Welch, born and
raised in B town Bountiful, my man, my fellow champion on our Bantam
Football team. Reunited after years to teach, preach, and set up the
lords offense here in this podunk, red neck, blue mans, town. Love it.
Elder Welch's companion headed home because he got home sick a couple
days out, so to keep the area open, why not use our handy dandy ....
extra piece of meat just hanging out, and not sure what to do with ...
Elder Rushton! It's pretty sick here though. We are White washing the
area, meaning that both of us are brand new to the area. So we now
have a couple days in the area, but still its a pretty big change. We
got white washed in because in the past this area has had problems
with Missionaries just staying at members homes all day.
So here we are. Lovin it, life is great. We don't have a car, so
we walk aton. And the area is huge. Like 30 miles, so we have a car
one week then the next week nothing. So really its pretty hard to get
alot of lessons, which is pretty lame, and feels like we arent doing
enough here. But we really are working hard, and the best that to 4
month missionaries know how haha. But yeah its kinda lame. We will
walk 2 hours to someones house for them not to be there, so we walk
down the street another half hour to another shined appointment. I
guess it really is though up to the lord, we just have to got to rely
on him. I think this next week will be way different, so next time I
should be able to report good things. We have a couple Investigators
that have been investigating for 3-5 years, so I've been way straight
foreward with them. And honestly I think we can get these cats
baptised. But hey never know.
We have an investigating family that has given us so much food.
So last night I made myself a nice breading for some Waleye fish and
mmmmmm mmmmmm good, man I should have gone to colunary school, IDK
why I ever thought surgeon... OK I do, mainly the money... haha no but
I really do love cooking. just not cleaning up, but hey there are some
good things about getting married right. :) just wanted to make sure
you guys didnt think I've changed much out here. I really have though
and it's way fun to be able to see, and just be thankful I'm not where
I was before the mission.
Little spiritual thoguht. This week we had an investigator, the
same one that gives us the food. Brother Geren and his family, come to
church. The service was really long, there was 2 girls that got up and
talked about family relationships, then the father got up and he has
dislecsia (how ever you spell that, learning Spanish your English goes
to pot) so his talk was really hard to listen to, really jumbled and
also he muttered and stuttered alot. The last talk of the service was
the Stake Pres. Well he did a pretty good talk and one that I could
actually listen to. Well later that night I got the chance to see
Brother Geren again, and I asked him about the service (kinda nervice
thinking he wouldn't like it) but he said that it was a great service,
especially the talk by Brother Rivers and his family. It's absolutely
amazing what the spirit of the lord can do, what a blessing and one
that we look over often. The chapel and the sacrement service really
is an amazing thing and something that carries the spirit very highly,
sometimes in our busy lives and also because of being able to be there
and feel the spirit alot. We become dull to the whispers and pricks of
the spirit. Don't ever become complasent with God our your spiritual
standing.
Oh and to answer a question from an admiring fan ( just for you ) we
are allowed to listen to MoTab, any classical music before 1900, the
EFY songs and CD's, but when it comes down to it, really it is if the
music is condusive to the spirit or not. But my favorite, is Mindy
Gledhill, that girl can sing.
I love you all if you want to send a package this is my new address,
I'll leave may 21st though, and if you want to send me letters you can
send them there or to the mission office. Just if I leave and you send
them to the mission office they will be forewarded to me.
1155 N. Chipman St. #11
Owosso Michigan
48867
Peace, Love, and Miracles Happen
Elder Rushton
No comments:
Post a Comment