May 7, 2012
Allright,
This week I haven't got much to say, sorry. To start, I'm doing great, but this area is just sooo slooow. We have like 5 investigators that love to shine us, and ask the same questions over and over again, and so we see them when we can, but this bishop wants us to push less active contacting alot more. So its great to do it, but honestly its not the missionaries work, if the ward did its job we wouldn't have to do it. But its been good talking to them all, although its hard to please both the bishop and the mission president with these demands and the amount of work to be done here. This coming week though we finally have the car, and so we hopefully won't do anything in owosso and instead go knocking out in the country were it hasn't been worked over a thousand times. This area is funny, people will see you from a mile away and start pulling all their kids inside. Hey Hey people, I was sent from God... but It's cool I was just trying to save your soul, its not like the most important message in the world that I carry or anything.... Kids these
days... What are they thinking??? Me and Elder Welch make the best of it though. We have fun and keep high spirits. The Bishop is probably the best man I've ever met, he is constantly going out seeing people, so of course I'll do what he
asks, and there are alot of good families around here that love the missionaries. Some times to much but me and Elder Welch are working on that to. Everyone around here, I mean everyone is always asking "Where's Elder Coolbear, When do we get to see him""When's he coming back""Man I love Elder Coolbear" Well guess what people just because
you had an Elder that would spend hours at your houses playing cards, watching tv and being your best buddy, doesn't mean he was a good Elder.... Sorry that one has been getting on my nerves :) Past all this, Life is great. Me and Elder Welch work hard and although the week was slow we had a good time. We got in a couple games of Monopoly, suprisingly quick games, like 30 mins. Which I gave up my journal time to do. I honestly had nothing to write, but past
that, and the food. Which we get a freaking ton of.... I am most deffenitly going to get fat in the next to weeks before I head to TJ. In the words of Cody Ballentyne "I'll send a picture once I can find some baby oil and a speedo" :) haha, see Gramsy he isn't perfect :)OK... He is. Oh one other thing I love, people here think they are master hunters, then once you start talking to them they bait all there dear, and they chase everything else down with dogs.... Hmmmm seems like
more work going to the grocery store and buying meat there then walking out side and shooting the dear at my feeder.
Sorry no spiritual thought from the week, 24/7 here is spiritual but nothing really stook out sorry. Well I love you all, to the moon and back. Peace, Love, and people have no idea how much better Utah is.
Elder Rushton
This week I haven't got much to say, sorry. To start, I'm doing great, but this area is just sooo slooow. We have like 5 investigators that love to shine us, and ask the same questions over and over again, and so we see them when we can, but this bishop wants us to push less active contacting alot more. So its great to do it, but honestly its not the missionaries work, if the ward did its job we wouldn't have to do it. But its been good talking to them all, although its hard to please both the bishop and the mission president with these demands and the amount of work to be done here. This coming week though we finally have the car, and so we hopefully won't do anything in owosso and instead go knocking out in the country were it hasn't been worked over a thousand times. This area is funny, people will see you from a mile away and start pulling all their kids inside. Hey Hey people, I was sent from God... but It's cool I was just trying to save your soul, its not like the most important message in the world that I carry or anything.... Kids these
days... What are they thinking??? Me and Elder Welch make the best of it though. We have fun and keep high spirits. The Bishop is probably the best man I've ever met, he is constantly going out seeing people, so of course I'll do what he
asks, and there are alot of good families around here that love the missionaries. Some times to much but me and Elder Welch are working on that to. Everyone around here, I mean everyone is always asking "Where's Elder Coolbear, When do we get to see him""When's he coming back""Man I love Elder Coolbear" Well guess what people just because
you had an Elder that would spend hours at your houses playing cards, watching tv and being your best buddy, doesn't mean he was a good Elder.... Sorry that one has been getting on my nerves :) Past all this, Life is great. Me and Elder Welch work hard and although the week was slow we had a good time. We got in a couple games of Monopoly, suprisingly quick games, like 30 mins. Which I gave up my journal time to do. I honestly had nothing to write, but past
that, and the food. Which we get a freaking ton of.... I am most deffenitly going to get fat in the next to weeks before I head to TJ. In the words of Cody Ballentyne "I'll send a picture once I can find some baby oil and a speedo" :) haha, see Gramsy he isn't perfect :)OK... He is. Oh one other thing I love, people here think they are master hunters, then once you start talking to them they bait all there dear, and they chase everything else down with dogs.... Hmmmm seems like
more work going to the grocery store and buying meat there then walking out side and shooting the dear at my feeder.
Sorry no spiritual thought from the week, 24/7 here is spiritual but nothing really stook out sorry. Well I love you all, to the moon and back. Peace, Love, and people have no idea how much better Utah is.
Elder Rushton
No comments:
Post a Comment