As for my wounds they are doing fine, its not an ingrown toenail that starts at the front, it starts at the root and thats why it hurts. But I fixed it and its all good. Don't worry mommy I've got alchol and Iodine in the house that I use, I'm not super worried about any wort of infecion. As for the rest of Im good, we eat alot here and I'm sitting at 182 pounds so well Hmmm I may be getting alittle fat. But I'll get rid of it all here with the heat, so I can be back on the hunt when I get home in well, A LONG TIME but what ever, I've been working out and I made a new bench to lift on in my house, So i can get in some dumbell presses and stuff in. I'm enjoying it.
This week we did some super cleaning on the house. Im broke after spending 40 bucks on cleaning supplies... The mission will reemburse me, just I've got to wait awhile. But the house is looking better, exept for the fact that we still don't have hot water the boiler is still broken and I haven't found a place to buy the parts I need. and I'm not about to spend 60 bucks for some person to come and do it.... and probably do it wrong haha. I love that part about Mexico.... haha, Actually that watch that got sent to the house. Its cuz some mexican tried putting a battery in it and broke it.... Its cool, thank goodness american companies are way cool.
We headed for tijuana on Thursday which was fun. Its a three hour bus drive and we get to pass alot of really cool mountains, they are actually super pretty mountains. Pure rock but its super cool. We watched War Horse going there haha. My comp asked the driver if he could put on Batman and then some old lady asked not to put on a violent movie haha. Coming back the driver gave my comp the control to pick the movie and he picked the worst movie I have ever seen... Ghost rider 2, the first one was terrible and the second one was even worse. The Training went well though, all stuff that they have said before but Its fun to be there some times. We sleep like 18 Elders in a house so that part is sweet, we don't aton of sleep. But its nice, then the next day we wake up early to have a 6 hour training haha. Its super hard to listen but, thats just part of life I guess. I hate sleeping in something that isnt my bed by the way and I really don't sleep well when we go there.
Today we cleaned the house again and then went to the stake center. WE watched a movie (monsters inc.) played soccer and ate pizza. Its turned out pretty good. I think we are going to try to go to the museum here one of these weeks. I just don't want to play soccer again in the heat haha. Its getting pretty hot. Oh we are also looking to change houses, Its not that easy to find a new place to live. Everything is super cheap yet super expensive for my price range right now. I'm going to find a new house though, that is my mission for this week. We found one cool one, but seeing as our neighbor there would be a very attactive girl that hardly wears any clothes, we decided... after much debate and sadness, to not move to that house...... Or maybe its the other way around. The house is super ugly and the girl is super attactive and well if the house wasn't so ugly I deff. would be living there by now ;)
Sunday we had stake conference and it was super powerful we went tothe two sessions( the stake doesn't fit in one session.... even though there isn't that many people) The Mission Pres. talked and so did Elder Gonzalez of the 70. I was super spititual and def. brought tears to my eyes multiple times. Elder Gonzalez shared alot of stories he talked about how his grandpa had been an example for him paying his tithing. And how if we pay tithing the land will be fertile, our jobs will be stable, the doors of heaven will be opened unto us and blessing will be showered upon us. They lived in a small ranch in Hidalgo a desert, arid climate. There was no drinkable water for 1 mile and they had to go and carry it back everyday. His Grandpa built a rain catcher for the little rain that falls each year. They used the water to drink, eat, water plants, wash dishes. Everything. As they used it it never ran out. There was always more. His grandpa planted small trees there. They soon became gaint, Fruits, Mangos, bananas, all things that don't grow in that climate were in his yard. They had the only plantable soil in the town. No one else could grow anything, and there house was completly green with foleoge....hmmmm thats not right...... They had hens and his grandpa asked him to count all the eggs and the end of each week and mark every 10 eggs with a piece of charcol. Then sunday he would bring the marked eggs tothe church to give to everyone, His neighbors hens produced 1 egg every day or every 2 days, his hens produced 2 eggs every day. The Blessing of the lord were surely showered upon him... I know that as we pay our tithing we aer blessed, when the times are hard and it seems as though we just can't, to pay our tithing is what will change the times, it is the trail of our faith, our obedience, and our love for God. Its is what seperates those that truely love God and those that love him because its convenient.
He also told a story about a man that was called to be a missionary from Japan in the time of ..... Not sure anymore Heber Grant I think. He was called to go to brasil on his mission. He said he couldn't do it. He couldn't learn the language. He didn't want to go and tried to say no, the pres. of the church spoke with him and said that he knew he had his own purpose there in Brasil and needed to go. The man learned the language quickly and served a succesful mission. Right before he came home he was walking when a japanese man came up to him and asked him if he spoke Japanese. Then he asked him what was if that he did. The missionary began to explain what he did, and his purpose for being there. The man broke down and began crying saying that he had been looking for someone to help him come unto God and teach him for along time. The man began to explain that He lived in a town of 60 Japanes people. He was the pastor of all of them, he knew alittle about God and taught the town what he knew. The man said he preached out of a book that had no cover it was a very old book and was tattered and torn. It had strange names, such as nefi and moroni. The missionary began to cry knowing that this was his purpose in Brasil. The missionary left baptising each and every member of that little town. Before he left the man came ot him and asked him to write his testimony in the final pages of his tattered book. The missionary took the book and respectfully opened it up to its ultimute pages. Seeing that the book had been dedicaded before he began to read the dedicion that was writted in japanese. As he finished reading he noticed 2 names one of the which was the name of his father.
God sends us where we need to be, he loves us and cares for us more then we can imagine. As we listen to God's will, he guides us and directs us if every aspect of our life. God has his ever powerful hand in everything, in the lives of everyone. I love you all, and pray for you often
Peace, Love, and do something good in the world today
No comments:
Post a Comment