Monday, March 18, 2013

Trabajamos como Negros (working like slaves) yes he knows!

I'm not sure why that phrase is going around the mission because its deffenitly very racist but well.... What can you do. we really are working like blacks haha. We had a pretty good week this week. Started it all off tuesday with zone conference with the Pres. So that was fun. Really enjoyed it, even though after awhile you feel like youve heard it all a million times, each time though you learn something new. So thats nice. It was good to see the zone there, they all looked really excited and are doing alot better this week. After that the Assitents went with us for the day. To bad that we didn't hve anything to do. We just had more meetings, we had one with our ward mission leader and then in the night we had one with the stake President and the Mission President. It was pretty fun actually, it went really well. I really enjoy this stake Pres. he works hard and wants to help out the missionaries. He is also realistic and knows that we arent perfect and neither are his members. Alot of stake pres, wont except that their members arent doing it all right. If you want to progress you have to be humble and well he is so thats nice to see. We made some new lists for the zone my comp and me. Well more my comp but I was there as support, my handwriting is just getting worse, so I don't write the important things. the President in the last meeting asked if I was writing in English or Spanish cuz he could'nt recognize either in my writing. And told me its a good thing that I'm going to be a doctor haha. then in the zone conference he picked up my binder and read my lesson plan to everyone... haha, the lesson plan was good but it was funny to watch him try to dicifer what I had written. I've actually been trying to get better, I switched back to cursive for awhile when amonth ago the Pres said something but Its just getting worse..

Anyways back to the story on hand. We made some lists for the lessons we have taught to the ward counsil and also to the 50 less active referals that the ward has given us (or needs to give us, thats the new mission plan is to work through this list of 50 less actives the ward picks for us to go with) And well the Stake Pres. liked it but the Pres loved it haha. we made our whole zone do it. And well now the Pres is making the whole mission use it haha. It was pretty funny. Last night we had a video conference with the zone leaders and the President showed it to everyone and said I had done it haha. my comp was pretty mad, the pres. didn't even mention his name. (I latter clarified the error ) but it was pretty funny.

 Thursday we had another training for the new district leaders that came in. It went well. The week was full of alot of training but in the days we had open we worked hard. We picked up 20 new investigators this week. And had 40 lessons so we are doin alright.

Mom just wrote me about Hudson. well its better then the names I've seen down here. There is alot of mary joseph and mary jesus Also nicknames for Jesus, Chuy. which makes him sound like a character from star wars but this week I found two new people that just crossed the line alittle bit. these are both members kids names..... Elohim and Cain (spelled Cayn). I'm not sure but that just seems wrong to me to put that as my kids names. Its like calling my kid God. Then again the name Joshua is also from the Hebrew name יְהוֹשֻׁעַ (Yehoshu'a) meaning "YAHWEH is salvation". The name Jesus comes from a Greek translation  (Yeshu'a), So alot of names have meanings like that but Elohim.... really thats just to far

Anyways, the week has gone really well. I've enjoyed my new comp. He is a funny guy. we have been wroking hard. And loving life. We also have been eating pretty good. For the most part. we ate Menudo the other day which is cow intestine. You can feel the little hairs that push the poop out with your tongue and I'm not huge for it. It takes like 2 hours just to scrub the meet, because you have to get out all the mucus that is in the skin if not your whole soup smells and tastes like crap.... literally. But it was cleaned well. We ate that with pig hooves which is like chewing gum. but with pig hair in it.... Other then that though its been good.

 Ohh my comp doesnt' know how to ride a bike, the other day we were passing by the university and he ran straight into a fat chick haha. it was super sweet. I was deing laughing. He hit her right between her legs and she mounted his bike haha. it was hilarous. Since then I have been calling him Comalito ( Solo caliente las gorditas) the transaltion for that in english is hard but well Comal is the flat iron that you heat up tortillas on or also a bread type thing called a gordita. its like a stuffed piece of bread. So basically the name means that he gets the fat chicks going haha. if that made sense. In chile they don't even eat tortillas so Collin proly wont understand eatiher.

I love you all super tons, and hope the best for you all

    Peace, Love, and Its getting super hot here. 90 degrees this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment