Thursday, February 23, 2012

How can a place of holiness feel so much like hell?


February 23, 2012

Well whats up with life around the world. Or basically outside of the MTC?
             This week was actually way good. Its been pretty short because it quickly coming to a close and also its been pretty exciting. To start I guess I'll tell every one that I'm getting a temporary assignment to Lansing Michigan. So I have 8 short sleeve shirts, no jacket and its 15 below up there. The travel office told me today that my mission president will most likely have stuff for me up there though. So not to worry. I leave on wednesday at 730 from SLC then arrive in detroit and fly out again to lansing. so I'll get there around 3 in the afternoon. I also don't know if the I'll be speaking spanish. It's all up to the Mission pres. It's an english mission but hopefully I'll be speaking Spanish. It's funny Monson Welch just went there Money. and now I"m going to show up and he will be so confused. Kinda siked about it.
     Friday I was in a lesson with my comp teaching this guy named Daniel. Who we haven't made any progress on really. But he is the hardest investigatot here. So I never really expected to whip through the lessons. But in our lesson before friday we challenge him to read the book of mormon, and take the challenge. yada yada yah and when we came back and he didn't do it. My comp blew a gasgaut. He started to raise his voice, then next thing I know there is this very heated debate where my companion is telling Daniel he is an idiot for not seeing the truth in the book and Daniels saying, there is no truth. I calmed it all back down and ended up having a really good lesson. But my comp didn't say another word in the lesson, or for the day haha. good times.
      For you momma, there is this sister in my district who always hears things wrong. So the other day this girl is saying that she is going to some mission in oregon or something like that. Well the sister thought she said disneyland. And started freaking out. Saying ohh your the luckiest person alive, you get to go to the disney land mission. While every one was just trying to figure out what this sister was talking about. It happens alot with her though... but its always good for a laugh.
     I have loved my time here at the MTC and got to be a host missionary this week. and take in new missionaries. Well actually take in one and the rest of the time I decided to direct traffic. But it was fun watching all the new missionaries coming in, and some families come in. I felt bad alot of the time cuz there is alot of tears on that curb. Oh also haha, we had a testimony meeting after the our devo on tuesday. and so I said my part and point, usually in my testimonies here I like to challange my class to do something and stuff. Anyways I ussually take up a good little bit of time. So a new sister came in the room that had just arrived the night before, and the 6 of us in the room were asked to say what weve learned here, and the Assistant DL asked me to keep mine under 5 minutes. So I came up with a couple good lines that would stick with everyone in the room. Then I turned to the sister, asked where she was going and stuff like that. Then began again with my testimony, speaking to her. Saying, this time here at the MTC is precious, but I never thought Holiness could feel so much like Hell :) hahaha. Her face looked absolutley shocked as did most people in the room. And I then went on to say that I really did love my time here. but that one line was precious. It went over perfect. I really have loved my time here though. It's been great in so many ways for me.
     Now to end with something kinda spiritual. This is a quote taken out of President Boyd K. Packers Patriarchal blessing. "Face toward the sunlight of truth so that the shadow of error, disbelief, doubt, and discouragment shall be cast behind you"
                      Peace, Love, and Go with God.
Elder Rushton

No comments:

Post a Comment