Thursday, February 16, 2012

This week was soooo crazy!!


February 16, 2012

Hey everybody,

   Hows life outside the MTC, Oh my gosh, this week was so crazy, so .... No every week here is the same, nothing really changes, but I'm still loving it. I'm starting to find the answers to alot of fun gospel questions, and everybody comes to me when they have questions, so thats always fun, I really enjoy figuring it all out. This week I started reading lectures on faith. That book is amazing, if you don't own it buy it. its 7 lectures joseph smith had for the school of Prophets that was originally in the DandC but the church took it out of the cannonized version in 1921. But it really is an amazing book. Its crazy to think that really everything operates on a basis of faith. Just as my father said when he felt he was drowning and felt as though he was parilized. In a sense, believing he was paralized made him paralized, realizing though that his muscles work again he was able to move them. If you had no belief at all that you could move you fingers could you? its easy to have faith in what can be seen, but it is much harder for us to have faith, or knowledge of that which is not seen, If we had the faith the size of a mustard seed, we can move mountains. Some good guy said that, I wanna say Jesus. :) Hmmm another good quote. TS Eliot. Where did the wisdom get lost in knowledge, where did the knowledge get lost in information. Don't let yourself get caught up with everything around you so much that you loose the wisdom and knowledge that is present in this world.
     Anyways, Sorry I just have alot of spiritual thoughts Really I could write all day spiritual thoughts. but really no other ones, I'm trying to think of some for you guys though. Oh this friday, I got a kid to come work out with me :) he played football for dixie state. We did upper body, and by the time we were done he was really feeling it. But then over the next three days he complained constantly about his chest hurting haha, He was so sore that he couldn't even put on deoderant for 3 days. Finally he went to the nurse cuz he was so sore, just the one at the gym and she made this big Ice bra for him haha. I guess when you act like a girl..... :) Anyways It sounds like everybody on the outside world is doing good. Whats up with the Phillipeanes? on the church news site, it says some big eathquakes have been happening but that the missionaries and temple is fine. any other news? This week is snowed, which kinda made me sad :( but at the same time it was way nice to get it. We didn't get much here, actually it rained for a good 4 hours before it started snowing but I miss skiing, and Finn :) Oh and maybe some friends and family and idk other stuff but basically skiing and Finn. No just kidding I love all of you.
      So momma, do you think that after the mission, youd let me go to South America for 2 months to go back pack around. Start praying now so that when I get home, youll get an answer and I don't have to wait a couple years first :) I'm glad I'm learing spanish and it really is getting relatively good. It's funny cuz around class just sitting I don't speak aton of it. but when I teach lessons people are always like wow, you actually speak way good. haha, well there nothing to say in class i guess. Um really I'm just trying to pull stuff out of no where. So I love you all tons, Oh yeah I got reassigned today, so next thursday I will know where I'm headed to, which won't be Tijuana until I get my visa, I'm hoping for NY. That seems like the place I'm supposed to be. I hear that up north is getting dumped on...? oh and I have a wall covered with a ton of pictures so everybody is always telling me about how good of skiers they are :) oh how I wish we were just on a mountain. I just smile and tell them how cool that is, and that I'm deccent. Hopefully I see them all in 2 years, or maybe 3 when I learn how to again :). Well again peace love and go with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment