Monday, May 14, 2012

I'm finally out of HERE!!!! TJ here I come.

Travel Iterinerary check, Mothers day phone call check, P day shopping check, P day emails check, Missionary work check, Door knocking check, Finally have a car check, using tons of faith check, being in line with God check, Working hard check, .... check,...check... check...check.................
. Any succes [ ] Hmmm nothing for that box eh, The week went well, the work went well, the people are nice, and yet nothing...nothing is happening in Owosso Michigan, The whole town is on a slippery slide..... more like a very bumpy, moist, warm road... to hell. The one uplifting thought, is that there must be somebody we are supposed to find, or else we would be here, and there must be something good about the town or else God wouldn't have kept it around.
        
      So for those who read this letter and aren't in my family, I talked to my parents for a while yesterday, it was great to hear their voices, and because I talked to them on the phone there really is no new update sorry...

     No I think I can scrounge something up, this week we did have one pretty cool moment. Which I think is this week but maybe I sent it last week to... not sure. An Investigator named Bob Tracey, he has been meeting with the Elders for 2 years now, and honestly has gone no where. But me and Elder Welch started really working him hard, trying to see if, by being persistent and more then anything, not answering his questions in full but showing him where he could find the, we could change him. He smokes alot, doesn't have a job, has a warrent for his arrest, drinks easily 4 pots of coffee a day(48 cups, 5000mg of caffeine) isn't married and on top of all this said, he doesn't have a desire to quite anything and he told us last week that he didn't even understand why coffee was bad. We have been trying to work with him so that he will have a desire, and Last time I told him that as he changes the little things in his life first, the spirit will be with him more, and then he will be able to feel guilt for his sins and also be able to change them. Well we left last week, and on the weekend he shined us, but then Tuesday we went back, and he completely surprised us. We started talking to him, and just casually he threw out that he had completely stopped drinking coffee. He says that he had the worst headache ever but, it really is a miracle for him to be able to do that. He also says that he will get married. I won't be around to see any of this, but it is sweet to see that he wants to change.
     Besides that, for those not on the phone yesterday, I weighed myself last night, and I'm up 20 pounds, I'm 190.... whats up haha. Some is muscle, most is fat. From my knee surgery I still have alot of easy muscle to put on in my legs, so biking and walking have put some muscle there, now for the rest of it all though.... most definitely fat. Which is probably a blessing though. I'm sure its just God protecting me from..... My ridiculously good looking .... haha, no its more like God punishing me for not eating right. Yesterday, I ate 6 deep fried Hot dogs, on Hamburger buns (pretty good actually) and aton of fries.... then some ice cream just to make sure everything went down smooth.
    TJ I can't wait for you, I don't want to be feed, I want to only speak Spanish, I don't want to have to explain all this anti-Mormon everything, and more then anything.... You know what... I love it here, I was meant to be here. I just hope I got what I need out of it. I hope I changed the lives or planted the seeds only I could, and really I hope that because of my experience here I'll be a better missionary in Tijuana.
     Oh one more thing, We get the car for 2 weeks then walk for one. Our area is so big though, that just to get the car takes up 100 miles. Then this month the President needed us to drive a couple places to pick up stuff for my Visa. Like Detroit. So we have no miles. And are out of the car for the rest of the time we have it. haha.
     About Detroit, its sweet. The City is crazy and way run down. It looks totally ghetto and nasty, but its a pretty cool city. People are actually generally pretty nice, but all in all I would hate to live there. But the Stadiums are sick. We went past Ford Stadium, Comerica and the Red Wing Stadium.

Peace, Love, and Life is about to Change in Mexico.

Elder Rushton

1 comment: