Monday, June 4, 2012

How is life of the Other Side?

How is life on the other side. Everyone says that down here. " ohhh, your from the other side" Like we are some kind of Aliens, or more like some kind of gods. Life on this side is good though. The week has been crazy hot, but pretty good. Actually I've been sick all week long, the food, water, air, everything, is contaminated, and for that reason I've been having to use the bathroom alot. Well one big problem, there is a bathroom at our house, a gas station near our house, and a gas station a couple miles away. All of which we are never close by, and I'm the kind of sick that I can't just use someones house. The one time I did, everyone was sitting outside the paper thin walls of the bathroom, laughing there heads off. Thanks.... flippin family... I was sick alright.... haha, it was a funny experience. But God has heard and answered alot of my prayers, I've made it to the bathroom everytime so far :)
     Next highlight of the week, I have 8 blisters across 6 toes haha, I don't know why. I started to use this powder, basically baby powder on my feet, to help ward away athletes foot. Bam it gave me blisters like crazy haha love it. But fortunatly I've got a sharp nife, some iodine and have taken care of them. So I'm actually doing pretty good. My companion was pretty mad, when we came back to the house and I showed him my feet. " what the heck man, you didn't say anything" haha

Spiritual thought of the week, we went over to a recently baptised girls house, she is like 10 and has a 20 year old older thug brother. We entered the house and he thought he was way cool. We were talking to her, and him and asked them to read with us. He said he had no interest in the gospel but out of respect he would do it. We read 2 nephi 4. By the end of the time we were reading he wouldn't put down the book, his face had a huge smile. He asked alsorts of questions. And said right before we came he was thinking about exactly what the chapter talked about. We haven't seen him again. But it was a testimony of how much the book of mormon can change a person. When Martin Harris entered the Salt lake Valley for the first time he exclaimed. "I never thought the book of Mormon would do all this" It did, it has, and it forever will change the lives, and liberety of the people who choose to read and abide by it.

One more really quick, We had a lesson with a ladie this week. Christina Perez. She was a former investigator in the area, she had alot of doubt about alot of things, but at the end of the lesson, putting faith in God. I told her if we knelt down and prayed she would know it was right. She said she wanted to, so we knelt and she began her pray. "little by little tell me that this is true"... if only she had more faith, if you ask for it like that, thats how god will give it to you. It's hard for people to have faith for some reason. after the prayer, she stopped and continued praying on her own, for alteast 5 mins we sat there in silence, way powerful. She got her answer, but doesn't want to accept it. She has a bap. date for this weekend, but if she would apply faith in christ and understand the answers she has gotten she would have such a strong testimony of the gospel and of the HG.

Yesterday, fasted all day, went to our lunch and they forgot about us, so they bought us a chicken each. spine, every bone in the body. and tortillas. It tasted like nothing but we pounded them haha. and were still starving. thats life here in mexico, cereal BK and Dinner. and lunch at a members

Love you all,

Peace, love, and somebody give my little brother a haircut :)

No comments:

Post a Comment