Monday, September 3, 2012

Just Like Home




Alright, warning I may keep it short because i played all day and used up my time :) but it went well none the less. The week was pretty sweet. We are actually going to have a baptism, and although he only is 10 well I still get to get wet so I´m happy. No it´ll actually be way sweet. He is the son of Jahara, the investigator that is the strongest right now. We are headed to her house after this to eat Mole. I´ll tell you if its anygood next week. The only thing I know is before the mission I didn´t like it. and her they say that if you eat Mole you´ll be using the restroom the next day alot. So I´ve got alot to be excited for. But hey its monday and we are going to buy toilet paper so all is well in zion.

This week, all went really well...until one morning as I bathed myself. the water ran out? what...? exactly the water ran out? we had no....absolutly no water. I didn´t even know that was possible. I thought water was an indespesable and never ending resource that came from inside tubes, chlorinated and ready for drinking. but mexico teaches everybody something. That worst part is that after that happened. The next day we had trade offs, and my companion didn´t know. So he squated down and did his bussiness, how do you flush with out water? you don´t and in a house that in the day is 110 degrees it stinks...bad. Fortunatly in the morning there was water in the bowl and we could flush. But there was no running water, so instead of flushing. We used the water in the back of the toilet to bathe. Well I did my companion didn´t bathe, he is mexican and didn´t like the idea. you cant pick you cake and eat it to... So yeah, I bathed with toilet water. Then the next day saturday. Well we ran out of paper, and forgot to buy more... So sunday came around and well a make shift Badaii (no idea how to spell that) cleaned my off pretty well. and by that I mean I showered from the belly button down with freezing cold water. But you can´t get any better then that.

So this morning came around and when we got out, I threw out the idea to hike the peak again. So we hiked the peak again but this time we went and bought hot dogs, water, bread, ketchup, and chipotle mustard. so the peak went well, it was pretty sick, Elder Ventura is from Oaxaca where there are mountain, but we got up there and he acted like sammies friend who came for her wedding, he was way scared to be so high in a mountain, and thought he was going to fall right off haha :) it was pretty fun. The days are great here, and its starting to cool off a little. I sweat like a pig, or like a Jdub in a Mormon sacrament service, talking about how jesus died on a cross. And so yeah, I´ll love to see it be alittle colder here. But I´m actually going to change areas in 3 weeks so I´m not sure what It´ll be like in the next area. So far though, I´ve loved Mexico, its everything a bo could want... well not exactly, I can´t think of anything here anybody would want. But as far as the gospel its needed so I´ll bring my A game. and trust me I play a good game :)

Peace, Love, and Look at me, on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment