Monday, September 10, 2012

Just like home!


Well home sounds like a wonderful place. And seems like your all doing way well. One thing, mom can you access my facebook and add my friends here in Mex, well those that have added me, and then post that I´m here in mexico and need support and cookies:) with my address, if you love me. Thanks a ton. Man, ski season is coming up soon. When I get home I get a new helmet right :) hopefully Josh still hasn´t figured out his is busted haha, well he will now know, better that he doesn´t ski in it haha. But Clark is a punk, tell him in two years I´ll have to kill in the mountains again. But for now I´ll let my little brother do it.

This week went way bad haha, to be honest, we started off the week terrible. Every lesson fell through every investigator fell through with their commitments. I was way bummed out. We had a couple of people that we thought could progress, sit back and do nothing, so the week started off way slow. But it was mixed in with a couple of good parts thank goodness. On tuesday the zone leaders came here for an interview. So we hiked them up the mountain and they were both dieing trying to climb it. They house is at the very top. They werent very happy. But they are both pretty fried in the mission so atleast we made them work. That put a smile on my face. Then on wednesday we had 2 baptism. One actually was a girl of the ward. But the other is the son of Jahara, it went way well. We got one of the Elders preparing to leave on his mission to do the baptism. And the 2 kids were pretty bummed out that I wasnt going to do it for them, but hey lifes hard ehh. Enrique the boy freaked out the first time he was dunked and didn´t want to enter the water again, till the little girl showed more guts then he did, So he couldn´t back down again. The spirit was way strong and we had 40 members there for the baptism.

Then the rest of the week, well went slow again, and really really hot. But saturday night we passed by some people and got in some lessons, and worked way hard to get people to come to church. Sunday it all paid off. The last couple weeks has been a bummer because we have had 1 or 2 investigators at church. This week we had 8. So that felt way good. Nike Mike, who killed a guy and spent his whole life in jail (not going to bap. him soon haha), Roberto (who we met sat. night and was extremely drunk, I have no idea how he remembered about church he is a bum so we will see what happens, not holding onto any hopes there) but a mom of one of the members, a brother of a member, and 2 other girls, the 2 girls gloriela and Dennis are the next ones I think we can baptise. They both seem pretty promising. The mom is a little hessitent to get bap. But it will happen.

So sunday started off good, then got better. We went to a stake leadership training. Or something like that in English. And the mission pres. gave the training. Well our Bishop started saying all this garbage about how he can´t do the things that the pres. asked him because he doesn´t want us missionaries to ask people to bap. so quickly and he doesn´t want people in his house (yeah way lazy and has no confidence in us) so the mission Pres. chewed into him. In spanish we say (le plancho) He ironed him haha, But the mission pres. ironed him nice and crispy. Like grandpa Glens old uniforms, solid as a rock with lines that you can shave with when your done. So that part of the day also made me pretty happy.

As far as transfers, I´m not 100 percent that I´ll get transfered. But I´ll have 4 and a half months here, so I´m guessing I will. The pres. he doesn´t like the people to stay for very long in an area. Oh and I pulled out, or more like dug out with the tip of a knife an ingrown toenail, and it hurt like haddies. But can you get uncle mike to write me how to do it correctly. You know your son isn´t going to go to some mexican doctor to get his foot off when the problem is only the toenail. So some instructions would be very helpfull. And a picture of my uncle in his race of something like that. I like to brag about him. And the picture mads took of the temple still. I want to give it to a little girl here who isn´t a member but gave me a tie. Love you all

Peace, Love, and the gospel is true, that doens´t mean the Bishops have to be.

We also caught 2 black widows, and 2 brown recluses, then had them all fight. Brown recluse was winning, he killed one black widow then the other recluse but the other widow finished him off then sucked up all his inards. way sweat.

No comments:

Post a Comment