Monday, October 8, 2012

My Mind is BLOWN!

No way, did he just say that or I'm I way bad at spanish... 18... 18 my lil brother will be leaving at 18... Thats epic... and wait 19 for the girls... What does that mean... That there may be beautiful girls that have gone on missions and only are 20 years old??? Does that mean, I may just wait 3 years and marry a return missionary... well lets be realistic... NO. sister missionaries are crazy... but this may change the sister missionaries aton. After the first conference. Elder Holland held a pres conference and said that you can now turn in your paper 120 days before also. and that this was going to bring a huge surge in missionary work. He said this is happening because most certenly the lord is hastening the work and needs more missionaries. Elder Holand said they will be exanding the "flagship" MTC in Provo to acomadate for the new "fleet" epic conference. To be honest I paid good attention and was way excited the first session. In the bigging I was thinking no way my lil brother will leave way soon but, thats just better. Elder Holland stressed way hard the before mission prep. So get him to read. He also said that this was the work of the parents. So i'm shure he is alot better then me but youll proly still have to get him up in the morning, and if like me he acts sick or says hes not going cuz he is tired, kick him in the but and send him off anyways. The truth is that here in Mexico missionaries are sent out at 18. and they come in way inmature. So Z prepare yourself. They come in and don't make good learders and come in way pridefull and don't wanna change. Don't worry pops, I lost my pride in the MTC :) I listen sometime out here haha.
And for all my cousins or any women in the world that reads this... Go out on the mission. you now have the chance to leave before starting school, before getting married, do it. It will be the biggest blessing of your life. Like Elder Bednar said in Conference, the mission will effect, who you marry, your family, and your eternity... Think about it, pray about it... yeah that means you sammy, and chelsea :) I'm not calling you guys out or anything,,,, but I"m straight up calling you out... do it. Fast and pray, then read the book of Mormon and talk to your bishop. present the idea to him and thru this all youll know if its right for you...

Allright, to be honest my mind is so caught up on the announcment that I can barely think of anything else. We had 6 bap dates for the next sat. Well none of them came to conference. So we wont be bap. anyone. But 2 new poeple showed up to conference, members brought them. So I taught them and set a bap date with them both...; cha ching.

We watched tangled this week for a zone activity.... love that movie. and it makes me miss Blonde girls... Then we had a pretty good weak, we picked up 15 new investigators this week and 8 the week before, so I'm trying to turn around this area, I came into it pretty dead. We have 2 people that are doing really well, Carlos and felicitas. We taught the word of wisdom and she dropped drinking and smoking, just like that.... Well I hope so. And today we passed by them selling clothes in the streets and carlos had the restoration pamphlet in his hand and felicitas had the BofM so that was pretty cool to see. The people in this area are way cool. Which is good cuz the town isn't. Its nice but its all the exact same. Its like nuke town in CofDuty 4. or for those that don't play its like a gov built town so that they can blow it up. Everything looks the exact same... way weird.

I also went on trade offs this week with Elder Newell from Ogden. It was pretty fun, we talked to a good investigator and asked her about her experience reading and praying, she said she never felt like that before and that she knew it was true. Way sweet. Well more then that i don't have anything.... Oh thats a lie. My comp. locked the house then put the keys in his pocket. His pocket with a hole. So when we got back home we couldn't get in. So I scaled the house, and just to put in some style thru up a heel hook on the window sill, well I got in the second story window. and came down. Well here in mexico you have to have a key to unlock the doors, so I took off the back of the plate with my pocketknife and was looking inside, I found everything that I needed to do but didn't have the right tool. Well we called up a memer that is a lock smith and he came and passed me the tools and told me how to do it all. Pretty fun. We switched out the locks and everything. We got in at 10 30 at night haha. 

Love you all

Peace love, and hey gramsie, love you postcards thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment