Allright,
The new area, Ojo de Agua. well it is gigantic. We took 1
hour in bus to go to another part of the area. Really there are only 2
different colonies, but they are way far apart. And we have 4
missionaries in the ward. So the ward boundaries are also huge. some 20
miles. but for TJ and terrible public trans. its not that cool. I did
get alot of cleaning done on the house this week. instead of working out
cleaned everymornign. It looks amillion times better. I hope it stops
giving me allergies. Its the first problem I've had here in Tj. But its
getting bettter. I got inventive becasue we don't have a closet or
anything. I've now got everything, even a dresser :) it may be made out
aof cardboard but its actually pretty legit. I've enjoyed this area alot
so far. Its pretty clean suprisingly, and the people are a little
wealthier ( they hhave homes, well apartments) and so thats pretty cool.
My companion Elder Castelan is pretty cool. He is a bigger guy and
walks way slow (we will work on it) and I'm actaully training him. The
pres called me this week and told me I needed to do the training with
him. His last comp only finished 6 weeks and trained him bad. So I now
need to correct a bunch of apostasy that he teaches and well hope for
the best. The bishop is lazy, and has hair past his eyes... no way....
But he only has 4 months being bishop so we can still change him. We
don't have ward council or meetings with our mssion leader, and our
ditrict leader is well a goood guy but doesn't understand how to be an
example or how to use the member. But all in all there is alot of work
to do, and well I'm here to do it. So thats the best part. I think that
most of the changes will b3e simple and a couple may take more time but.
Hey itll get done.
As far as investigators here, We have a couple. not many but acouple.
Ill tell you more about them next week when I know them better. We
picked up 7 new ones this week which was good and set dates with them
all. But only 2 went to church so big bummer there. We do have a church
bus which is cool here. the other terrible thing about here is that I
feel like I"m in africa. Everyone breast feeds there babies in public in
this area. The last area it wasnt so bad. but this week we taught a
lesson for 40 mins and in the middle the mom just stripped half her
shirt and started feeding her baby like we werent there, and like we
didn't represent christ. Well that part I don't look forward to running
into anymore. But the area is pretty cool, and people seem way open to
the gospel here.
We got the oportunity to give alot of priesthood blessings this
week, which is always something really special. So that part of my week
was the best. Being able to feel the spirit working through you and
knowing that you are an instrument to help the lives of these people. We
had some other good times this week to... Ohh I pulled a (well an idiot
move) and was putting out matches in my mouth. Well I let one get way
big, then tried to put it out. Well my roof of my mouth blistered and
burned pretty bad. but hey I got the match put out. Then my whole mouth
peeled haha. Pretty sweet. Sorry its going to be short today, The next
week I'll get you some better stories and I'll throw in something
spritual.
Yahairra, and her fam. we bap 3 of them.
my comp and me
No comments:
Post a Comment