Super, super super...... bummer week. To start it all off we went to and climbed mnt. colorado. A hill here that says jesus the savior. Pretty fun hike. I went up in 25, the first up ;) with an other elder of course. and it took most people an hour or 2 to start trickling up. It was like 1/2 mile but pretty steep. It would have been 10 min, before the mission but I can honestly say Im no were close to what I was, how I looked, or who I was before the mission. Some things change for the good, others change for the bad. But its all Gods plan so I'll stay happy with it.
Bueno.
No the reason why it all
went so bad is to start after we hiked we came down for a carne asada
one of the member prepared. It was delicious and I ate 8 or 10 good
tacos. So far so good. with the tacos I crammed down a good amount of
jalapenos and serrano peppers. Still going good.... Until that night.
When the flood gates opened and it all came out. appearing somewhat like
that time the US bombed the dams in Europe. My stomach tightned up, and
my intestines crammped up. Literally there was something shredding my
insides as it dumped the parts it didn't want into the fire torrent
below. And trust me, it was a fiery torrent. serrano peppers go in hot,
and if not degested properly the go out even hotter. At the end of the
war, I was down one point and feeling low. The carna asada was winning.
No fear I thought, the next day I will conquer it.
And with ditermination I marched on. Only to wake up three times in the
night, to fight the same battle, each time lossing. The morning came and
the war went on. As I studied that day I did most of it on the battle
field with Jesus the Christ in hand. Not eating anything in the morning
we went to work and I left my throne of battle hoping that the battle
would stop there. But as I retreated the other armies did not. They
began to burn the gates down. And my fortress was quickly weakening. As
the gates began to burn (due to chilies) the armies hurled rocks, and
what felt like gaint spike slashing and gashing trying to win. The day
went on like this. That night, the I returned to my throne and fought
again, over and over again. Until... Wednesday, the day the earth stood
still. Or that is, after a particualarly bad battle. Loosing many forces
and strenght. I went to leave my throne and the water didn't come. It
wouldn't flush. There was no water. No water to flush, and no water to
shower. No way Using the water straight from the boiler, The boiler is
on the roof and you can drain the remaining water... boiling water, from
it. I got a bucket full and went to the fridge pulling out every piece
of ice I could find. I threw it all in and took a very hot but cleaning
bath in a bucket. The war only got worse, the days grew longer. My
strenght grew weaker, to try to end it all I fasted on thursday, to gave
me nice relief in the day, with no food, there was no pains but once
again on friday they started up. I'm getting better, I hope now but we
wil see.
So now we see the internal battle I was fighting.
Now for the external. As the week went on, we got ready for our baptism.
Battling hard with the leaders to see what we could do. He only had one
time in the church and trying to see how we could help our investigator
Carlos show up to church and be bap.. We did our praying, and we got
everything sorted out. His partner left the house, so he was no longer
in danger of breaking the law of chastity. his interview, although
stranger, went well and he was all ready. We had to leave the area, sat
in the morning to tract in a different colony but gave the
responsability to a member to bap. him and bring him to the church. As
we showed up at the church we sat there pactiently happy as could be.
having a bap, is a great feeling, but as time went on and no one started
to show up. Well the worried began to come. To be short He didn't show.
and we can't get in contact with him. We have a goal of 5 bap. this
month have got 1 yet, and don't have anyone that looks to terribly
promising.
Sorry the email, came out with a total killer vibe.
But I to am sitting in a room hotter then satans arm pits. thinking
about what has happened, and nowing this week is a new week a better
week. Learning from the mistakes and the hard times, to be better and
bigger in the future. Next week I'll see if something better happens. I
hope and pray it does.
Peace, love, and I sure hope my family is doing great, and my cousins to.
Does anyone have his current address? Thank you!
ReplyDelete