Monday, sorry... our leaders told us that we weren't going to have p day. That we needed to work on monday, they didn't want us getting into trouble. Super lame. So monday we headed to the stake center because it was a big party there for the americans that are doing houses. We made salsa for 300 people. and it turned out to be a good salsa. We just burnt tomatos (fried on a skillet) and peppers to, then we cut that up, with some cilantro and onion, lime salt and pepper. It was a pretty good salsa. I do love the salsa here. But we don't really ever eat pico de gallo like we do in the house. Anyways, alot of the members won different stuff in the party, a crockpot and stuff like that. But well we left early ( it went till 12) and we needed to get home by 9. IT went well though. We got 4 investigators there. so that part was sweet. Then we got home just intime to use our new hot dog cooker. you know the hot dog cookers that they have in the gas stations that cook the bed below and above they spin the hotdogs. Well we passed by in the sobres (like street vendors) and some guy had all his stuff there thrown on the ground. One being this wonderful machine, and a shirt that said I love NY Well aking him how much it was he said some ridicualous price 60 pesos and for the shirt even worse 15 pesos. Well I got the shirt, the cooker and a hand bag to carry groceries for 60 pesos. Like 5 bucks. So it seemed alright to me. My comp gets the shirt and well I get good hotdogs (I don't even like hotdogs just it was to temting to not buy it) Anyways we got the hotdogs grilling the martinellis chillin and started thefire out front. I turned out super well (oh and in the pic, don't ask about the kid, he just up and walked in our house asking for a hot dog, treats and money) and for my cousins that were on missions don't ask about page 36 in the white handbook either, yeah I know what it says haha, but what was I supposed to do... answer me that... deny the new years wish of an inocent child, of the which heaven is made out of....hmmmm....thats what I thought) Well yeah we made a big fire and burnt one of my pants. I used them everyday for 1 year so they were ready to die. The back had been sewn up a bazzilion times and finally i just let it be and the holes got bigger and bigger. But well of the the grave with them now. They have now born testimony of the year they served and shed there blood sealing that testimony.
Anyways they night turned out well, at 12 I wished my comp a happy new year and shut my eyes to let my good freind the sand man do his work. And trust me he works well in the mission.... but sometimes in the cold he forgets to come out, and I stay up all night freezing. but whateves. many a days boiling hot water to put in my bed to sleep warm.
Tuesday we tried to email but everyone was still drunk from the night before and the internet didn't open so we went to the mall. and it wasn't open either, we ended up in carls Jr. and walmart watching the avangers on the demo TV's but it turned out to be a good p day.
Anyways, I love you all a ton... your vid from skiing turned out way well and the big mountain shark looks as good as ever. your little cliffs looked fun there in the last line. Z your backie looked sweet, I love the heli back and well I love you all tons to be honest. I've really enjoyed my year in the mission and I hope the next one is even better. I'm loving life and doing good. I put a bowl of water with soap under my bed, not sure what it does but its cool there, as for the salt tonight I will do the salt dance and throw it oer my shoulder onto my bed making sure to put a ring around my bed and a star under it to keep the vampires out and the salt of the earth still with its savor... or what I'm tring to say is yes I with throw salt on my bed to dry up the little buggers but you guys sound more and more like aunt deb everyday :) You know I love you deb
Peace, love, and I hope you enjoyed the abnormaly long email, but today I din't have to write the pres :)
Love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment