Monday, August 6, 2012

Everything is Alright!!

By 6 oclock in the afternoon we had worked with to members all day, passing by all the lessons we were going to have, only to find empty houses, and shattered hopes. So as we rode the calafia ( bus but more ghetto ) up to the zone leaders area, I was a little bummed out. Seeing that we had 0 lessons for the day, and Elder Morales was going to leave the sector to give a baptismal interview for other missionaries. My day was going down hill fast. As we arrived at the stake center more bad news came. The other missionaries were going to be late. Waiting there for 30 minutes, I devised a plan to leave with a member back to the area to work alittle more before the night closed out. Yet once the other missionaries came they just wanted to sit and chat. Wasting more and more of my time. Honestly I was feed up. To watch as the leaders, my example waisted time. And when I told them our situation they said no worries. There are exeptions.  Well taking control of the situation, I told them there was no exeptions and that I was headed back to my area to work, and I took a member with me. As there was no Calafia back to my area, we started the trudge home. and just as I entered Real de San Fransisco I realized that I didn´t have the phone nor anyway to communicate with the other Elders. Well going on pure faith I figured God would handle it. We left to go see the appointments we had in this area. First door...empty...second house...empty....third appointment....gone...so on and so forth. As we passed by the appointments we had finding no one to be home. My hopes only sank deeper and deeper, fearing I had done wrong and acted off of my emotions and nothing more I felt like I had failed big time. So seeing as everything had gone bad I figured I´d try to get ahold of Elder Morales to see how to meet back up. Well the same thing happened over and over again. The phones didn´t have minutes. The members werent home. Until litteraly we had but one option left, that was the house of Ivan Peredez. whose partner´s mom just showed up from Hondurus. As we entered the house, they also had no more minutes. But out as we turned to leave. The mother in law came out of the other room. and asked us to give her a blessing. She was really sick with pneumonia. The coolest part was that she said she had started praying 10 minutes before we showed up. And she said the whole time whe was praying that we would come. God works... and when he wants to he works fast. His children are important. and sometimes to help them he lets his missionaries have terrible days :) but in the end he knows they will be extremely grateful and very proud to be used as his hands and trusted servents here on the earth.

    The lord is there, God is your father, and never... never doubt in his love nor eternal grace.
     Im keeping it short, just the spiritual this week. Hopefully you guys can imagine how impressive, and amazing our God is.

Peace, Love, and I got 4 letters from my fam, one from becca, 1 card from gramsy and 1 package from the angelbuers :) the first mail so far in TJ haha. just 3 months late :) I love you all tons. and I loved the letters

No comments:

Post a Comment