Alright, This time I did it right. We had two baptisms this week, They
both went well smooth. The first Christina, was way ready. And it was
way cool to Baptize her, The other good part was that she only weighed
like 100 pounds so, I was a nice break from the other one. Fortunatly
when god thows you down, he is always there to pick you back up to.
I wish I had some stories from this week, or some stories about
our investigators but we have none 0 zilch nada. And its hard, we knock
alot of doors but need to knock more, and we do alot of walking but need
to walk more. The area is huge, but the best place we think to find
people is on the other end of the area, Its the poorest part, The people
don´t have shoes, they steal electricity with barb wire wrapped around
the electrical lines, and they don´t shower are clean anything. So it is
perfect for finding new people. .. We hope. This week went well over
all though. We had a day were we went to help out a different area, all
of the zone was there and we went and knocked everything, it was
actually way fun. I was with an Elder from Cali. Elder Mayo, and though
he was alittle wierd, He trusted in God aton and so we got along well.
Thats one thing that drives me crazy in my companionship right now. Is
that we don´t pray... ever. like twice a day. So I pray alot in my head
but we would have more success for sure if we used God more. but my
companion is good. And I´ll be switching to a different one in 4 weeks
here. So I don´t have to much more.
Our other investigators are Melissa and Zochi, and one more in
that house hold that I don´t know her name. Mellisa is 16 and has a kid,
the other girl is 17 and has 1 kid, and lost 1 kid. That is pretty
normal for TJ, If you are 17 and haven´t had a kid its pretty unuasul.
And its not really frowned upon to be 16 and pregnant here, so people
don´t tryto prevent it from happening. They don´t have plans for there
lives so they figure way not have a kid. Its pretty lame, after that
they can´t do anything. Anyways, the lessons with them have gone well,
but they always have stuff to do on sundays so we arent making any
progress with them. We have one date for baptism Juan, but he is pretty
scared for some reason to be baptised, also another investigator is
Maria Montiel. She is the mother of a member, and wants to be baptised,
then the next day no, then yes, no yes no. So its been a struggle with
her. And so we don´t teach Juan or maria much. There are other people
her prepared to be baptised we just need to find them. That can be
pretty hard though.
The other good.... terrible part of this week is that it has been
110 degrees here, most the week. Not sure why people keep saying that
the sun is exploding or something like that. but it is hot... hot hot...
and I always were glasses, I have worn contact 2 times in the last 4
months. But with the heat and so much sweat they don´t stay on my face
very well. But life is great. Oh and no I haven´t gotten anymore
letters, but no worries they will come. But could you guys attach the
picture maddie took of the BNTfl. temple in an email. And get Isaac to
send me some pics of me and will climbing mountains and stuff. That one
is important. The kid is doing good but keeps asking for them.
Anyways, sorry the letter is short today, Life is good, and Im happy and healthy.
Peace, Love, and The gospel is true
The kite graveyard, Christina, and Yep its all true, Christ lives and reigns
No comments:
Post a Comment