Monday, August 27, 2012
Peace, love, and Mexico.... hmmm
Well another good week here in Terrazas. Lovin life here actually. Elder Ventura is way cool and so I´ve enjoyed the time we have had a companions. He is old so he knows alot and comes from oxaca and it seems like a pretty sweet place. He had a pretty hard life growing up but is a convert to the church 10 years back and no has a way strong testimony. When he grew up he didn´t have much money so somedays for food his dad would just put serrano peppers in water and some salt and lime juice like a broth. So we eat that at the house pretty often. It burn like the dickens but its pretty good. After we ate all the peppers he drank allitle of the juice, so just to be dumb (and I mean really dumb) I put the rest of the juice in my mouth and gargaled the peppers haha. Man those peppers burn. But its fun, people think I´ve got mexican decent because I like peppers. then I tell them that my father told me it would grow hair on my chest, nd I wanted to be a man. (Well I´m trying)
This week we had a bunch of highs and a bunch of lows. We found a new family that has 4 kids and the dad. They are all way excited to hear more. It actually turned out to be a funny week because we didn´t contact we had 14 new investigators with 12 contact, when we need to have 30-60. but because our numbers where good the leaders couldn´t chew us out haha. We worked hard but we just didn´t contact, in all honesty its feckless. Thats why they are switching it. ( they haven´t switched us over to straight member referals yet) We have been working with a bunch of people this week we had 12 that promised to go to church, and had rides for all twelve. Sunday morning came and we headed out to visit them before church, and one by one they all fell through. out of 12, 2 came to church. what a terrible ratio. But one of them is Broulio who we are going to baptise at the end of this week. A way cool kid, and way strong in the gosple so far, he read aton of the bofm and the pamphletes and stuff. I´ll be happy to see him baptised. Thats the power of the holy ghost...and a girl friend that a way strong member to drag you to church:)
Hmmm well someguy just came in the computer room and smashed a computer???? not really sure his purpose but he it was pretty weird. Just ran in grabbed a computer and threw it on the floor???? Mexico??? what ever happened to logic???? This week another lame thing happened to. We were sitting there at our desk studying when all of the sudden, we got a phone call asking where we were. Then the zone leaders told us they forgot to tell us but we had a zone conference with the assistants and the president. and it started 10 minutes ago. Well? thanks guys. We called up a member and fortunatly got there quick but still pretty lame. The conference went well, alot of it was on shutting our hearts, 4 missionaries got sent home this week. pretty lame to see people make bad decisions especially on the mission. They lose all there blessings and share a bad image of the church. in Mexico they leave at 18 for there missions and its suprising but that extra year cuts down alot on their maturity. So in the mission here you see that the people from the states have better leadership and follow alot better. Not always the case but usually.
Other bummer of the week, we have a 15 yr. old girl that has a kid and her husband but they aren´t married, she is named korina. and yeah we have taught her alot. this week I was way honest with her, and I laid it down like it was, She is scared to talk to her husband about marriage because he always says he doesn´t want it, so I told her just that, she took it way well and they both a progressing aton. But once again they didn´t come to church, we waisted a ton of time with them and so it was a huge let down. We had a family home evening and watch other side of heanen. All in all I was way bummed out. Of all the people I wan´t to see baptised right now it is her. Its just lame to see that they don´t have dreams or ambition in life, and the gospel changes all that.
Ohh haha, well my story for the week. We contacted a girl named natalie, as we sat outside her house, she appeared to be way interested. Even as the 7 people inside smoked weed, she stayed outside and played with her kid. We taught her a bit, and had huge hopes. She seemed golden, come to find out we went with her neighbor yesterday, and she said that natalie had passed by asking for me, said I was handsome and that she like me aton. When we found out about that, we laughed aton. It happens alot down here, but we´ve never fallen for it before. (and we thought she was golden) well another investigator dropped. Unlike alot of elders here, I´m not into baptising like that haha:)
Love you all
Peace, love, and Mexico.... hmmm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment