JULY 30 (sorry I forgot to post TR)
Allright, well I just read through my email, and well all is well but I
feel terrible about Taylors mom, so hopefully this email will stay
positive but I´m not sure. To start another week down, and I just passed
my 7 month mark, so thats pretty cool I´ve been out for a little while
now. Still though I´ve got aton more left, which is good, I love being
out here. The life here is good, actually great. And fortunatly it
hasn´t been terrible weather here, so its been allright. As far as your
letters go I haven´t recieved anything. Not really sure, maybe you send
them to the wrong place, or they really are on a slow boat to china. But
Yeah I haven´t got any. Some post cards froms gramsy, and 1 letter from
the family. So I´m alittle bit out of the loop, not really sure whats
going on at home. But I´m hopeing everything is going allright. Dad that
stinks about the computer, I wish I could have been home to save it for
you. And Z I´ll deffinetly be smaller then you when I get home so, take
it easy on my, all the times I hit you were out of love :)
Well this actually happened acouple weeks ago but I kept
forgetting to write it to you guys, Everything is in my journal no
worries, I write in it every day. But we were with an investigator and
she has been saying no to praying infront of us for along time. And
usually if they don´t pray in front of you they don´t pray at all. So we
were talking to her for awhile then I pulled out a scripture in 2 nephi
32 That talks about pray and that when you feel like you shouldn´t pray
or don´t want to pray that comes from the devil. Well woops, she was
pretty silent. But we thought nothing of it. The next time we passed by
she wouldn´t come out, and her mom kept saying oh no worries there was
just a misunderstanding... We didn´t know what happened. This kept going
for a couple of days, then finally she came out one day, and said what
happened, and that after I said that she started to feel way guilty... I
felt kinda bad and appologized to smooth everything over. In the end
everything was allright, but It taught me alot about the spirit and how
much guilt it can bring to someone. It was a bad experiance for her, but
it was a good one for me haha woops. ( her name is xochi)
Next story this week we went to the birthday party of one of
the members, his name is cristofer and he turned 14. He is way cool,
actually his family is way cool. And his parents will be getting married
in september so that his dad can be baptised. Which also is way cool,
I´m way glad to see that he will be getting baptised. He has a big
testimony and really is trying to change his life around, and strengthen
his family. Well while we were there we had some fun. I put a battery
and a transformer on my tounge, nose, ear, hand, and well yeah you get
the point. It was pretty fun, hurt like the dickens but it was fun. No
one else would touch it haha. But I started to talk to a man there, he
is the brother of the dad. and really I don´t know his name. Well he
grew up in guatamala, in the church, was always helping the
missionaries, and had a strong testimony of the church, he still has all
his stuff from the book of mormon, to his other papers, and cherishes
all the memories... But somewhere he went astray, He came to TJ and
attended for three months then switched to an apostolic church, he still
has a good knowledge of the gospel but has denied all of his testimony
of it. Anyways, he is a way chill guy, after I talked to him, I went
home and prayed for him, thinking that it would make me feel better
about his situation, i still felt terrible and way sad for him. Well in
the end, I didn´t sleep at all that night, all night long I sat up
thinking about him, I don´t think I have ever felt so sad for someone
else, or myself for that matter. I am close to alot of people here, and
care for there salvation. But for some reason his soul and his salvation
really worries my, I´m not sure what to do about it. He doesn´t live
he, so I¨ll just keep praying. But I¨m hoping for a maricle, It
absolutly chrushes me to see that someone could forget what once was
true and head down the path that will only bring them misery and hurt.
Last story.... We had been walking for what seemed like
forever... Really we had been trying to find a referal for over 3 hours,
and had walked over all this mountian to try to find the street. The
problem is that the entire colony were this person lives, is illegal,
and huge. So there really are no streets, just legends of names, and
badly written treasure maps. So as we looked for x marks the spot, in
the 110 degree weather, sweating like a pig.. or better yet, like an
animal that actually sweats. We came to the top of a house ( being on
the top of a mountian) Wanting water, we knocked... and they let us in.
Her name is Corina, she hates people that preach, she never lets them
in. She doesn´t like to listen to things about god and she is fine with
her own ways. Yet when we knocked she felt something different. She let
us in, she liked what we said, and now is through 2nd nephi in just 2
weeks of knowing her. Maricles happen, and this is a maricle. She´ll be
baptised but unfortunatly she needs to get married first. So she is
getting married in september and I´ll baptise her then. God is here, he
is preparing the people, He loves them and has sent me to find them. I
hope I´m making him proud.
Peace, Love, and My family rocks
No comments:
Post a Comment